Hello all, Today I’m going to install and configure the “Monit” service monitoring system on Ubuntu server instance.
“Monit “is an free an open source software which is a management system for monitoring and take decisions on some of critical points. Specially monit can be used to monitor customized services which are developed by developers. As an example let’s assume if a developer make a service as “service-1” that can be monitored and controlled like start, stop, restart the service by the Monit. And also every actions are notified by the e-mails and administrator can customized the alert conditions and alert notification settings.
This tutorial will help you install and configure the Monit service monitoring system on Ubuntu server. The steps are given below.first get updates on Ubuntu server, then install the “monit” on the server.
1. In first step, Monit has to be installed via Ubuntu terminal.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install monit
2. After installation “monit” configuration should be done using the /etc/monit/monitrc file.
$ sudo nano /etc/monit/monitrc
# set httpd port 2812 and
# use address localhost # only accept connection from localhost
# allow localhost # allow localhost to connect to the server and
# allow admin:monit # require user 'admin' with password 'monit'
# allow @monit # allow users of group 'monit' to connect (rw)
# allow @users readonly # allow users of group 'users' to connect readonly
In the above section monit administrator have to enable the port (2812) and the whatever the IP address for accessing the Monit system.
3. Then restart the service monit service.Read More »
Hello all, today I’m going to describe about installing and configuring OpenERP Version 8 which is the latest version of OpenERP (for more details: https://www.odoo.com/ ). In here we need to care about the requirement of the OpenERP. The followings are the requirements.
- Ubuntu/Linux Server
- Apache Web Server.
- Postgre SQL Server
From here onward i am going to show you step by step on how to install all the requirements and configurations.
- In this step let’s install the necessary Python libraries for the Ubuntu server.
sudo apt-get install python-dateutil python-docutils python-feedparser python-gdata python-jinja2 python-ldap python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako python-mock python-openid python-psycopg2 python-psutil python-pybabel python-pychart python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab python-simplejson python-tz python-unittest2 python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-zsi
- In here we need a specific user account for accessing openerp server because that user specific to run the OpenERP application. So we need to add the “openerp” user in to the system.
sudo adduser --system --home=/opt/openerp --group openerp
- In this step I am going to install the PostgreSQL database server and configuring it.
sudo apt-get install postgresql
sudo su - postgres
createuser --createdb --username postgres --no-createrole --no-superuser --pwprompt openerp
In here enter a password for accessing to the Database and make sure to keep remembering.
- Exit from the current shell and let’s install the OpenERP v8 server on our Ubuntu server.Read More »
Hello all, today I am going to discuss about how to change FSMO roles in Microsoft Windows server environment. FSMO in the sense Flexible Single Master Operations. The video tutorial available @youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymyyq9z_r8
Active Directory is the most important in Windows Server Environment because it does contain user details, user accounts, user groups, etc. Active Directory directly help to manage entire IT infrastructure in a Company.
When Active Directory role is changed between Master roles, there are five FSMO roles in Active Directory in Windows Server 2003 platform.
- Schema Roles : this role is responsible for changing, updates and modifications of the Domain Controller.
- Domain Naming Master : Controls to the chnges of the namespace, like addition or removal from the forest.
- Infrastructure Master : Responsible for updating references from objects.
- Relative ID(RID) : Processes RID pool request from all the Domain Controllers.
- PDC Emulator : Advertise itself as PDC to workstations.
Here are the clearly mentioned steps of FSMO role changing. Take a look.
- Log on to the Windows server 2003 as Administrator (adp.com\Administrator) and get run window and type cmd.
- Type regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll in cmd and press ENTER.
- The succeeded window will be appeared.Read More »