This blog post describes the way how to deploy and configure Google TURN server with all required steps. Mainly this installation and configuration has been tested on AWS(Amazon Web Services) cloud computer and confirmed. Because there are some connectivity issues while connecting to the TURN server remotely.
- Login to the AWS console and go to the EC2 menu and then launch new instance. In here there is called “Community AMIs”, go to that option and select the AMI called “rfc5766-turn-server”.
- There are several AMIs are listed under “rfc5766-turn-server”, take the latest version of the TURN server AMI and launch it with the relevant CPU, Memory, HDD, Network ,etc.
NXserver is a specific method for remote desktop for any OS platform. If we want to access a remote server using remote desktop, NXserver is the solution, so user can access the machine via a GUI interface by using the AXserver. Here are the steps to be followed to deploy and configure NXserver on a CentOS server.
In this CentOS server, group install is the best way to install large packages, so the configuration of group install also in the steps.
In this example A centOS server version 6.5 was provisioned, and now it’s up & running. Logging to the server using root privileges.
- Open yum.conf file in vim editor.
# vim /etc/yum.conf
- Edit the [main] section on the yum.conf file as follow. Then save the file and exit.
- Install whatever the desktop packages on the server. When installing, entire package content is listed.
# yum -y groupinstall “Desktop” “Desktop Platform” “X Window System” “Fonts”
- There are some additional packages also should be installed on the server.