This blog post describes the way how to deploy and configure Google TURN server with all required steps. Mainly this installation and configuration has been tested on AWS(Amazon Web Services) cloud computer and confirmed. Because there are some connectivity issues while connecting to the TURN server remotely.
- Login to the AWS console and go to the EC2 menu and then launch new instance. In here there is called “Community AMIs”, go to that option and select the AMI called “rfc5766-turn-server”.
- There are several AMIs are listed under “rfc5766-turn-server”, take the latest version of the TURN server AMI and launch it with the relevant CPU, Memory, HDD, Network ,etc.
NXserver is a specific method for remote desktop for any OS platform. If we want to access a remote server using remote desktop, NXserver is the solution, so user can access the machine via a GUI interface by using the AXserver. Here are the steps to be followed to deploy and configure NXserver on a CentOS server.
In this CentOS server, group install is the best way to install large packages, so the configuration of group install also in the steps.
In this example A centOS server version 6.5 was provisioned, and now it’s up & running. Logging to the server using root privileges.
- Open yum.conf file in vim editor.
# vim /etc/yum.conf
- Edit the [main] section on the yum.conf file as follow. Then save the file and exit.
- Install whatever the desktop packages on the server. When installing, entire package content is listed.
# yum -y groupinstall “Desktop” “Desktop Platform” “X Window System” “Fonts”
- There are some additional packages also should be installed on the server.
Following is the way to create an Google Cloud account.
Load the Google cloud platform URL and signup with the appropriate details. While creating account you will be asked to enter your credit card details, don’t worry about it because they are offering $300 free 60 days for our experimentations. Just enter your credit card details, they won’t change you until you give the proper permission.
– Once your account is successfully created, you will be given the dashboard as follows. Then you can select start with Compute Engine.
- let’s follow the below steps to create a Linux machine step by step.
Open the Google Cloud Dashboard and click on Try Compute Engine, then you will be placed in to some tutorials at the first time. In tutorials click on the “select a different project” and then click on drop down and create a new project.
Hello all, today I am going to discuss about how to change FSMO roles in Microsoft Windows server environment. FSMO in the sense Flexible Single Master Operations. The video tutorial available @youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fymyyq9z_r8
Active Directory is the most important in Windows Server Environment because it does contain user details, user accounts, user groups, etc. Active Directory directly help to manage entire IT infrastructure in a Company.
When Active Directory role is changed between Master roles, there are five FSMO roles in Active Directory in Windows Server 2003 platform.
- Schema Roles : this role is responsible for changing, updates and modifications of the Domain Controller.
- Domain Naming Master : Controls to the chnges of the namespace, like addition or removal from the forest.
- Infrastructure Master : Responsible for updating references from objects.
- Relative ID(RID) : Processes RID pool request from all the Domain Controllers.
- PDC Emulator : Advertise itself as PDC to workstations.
Here are the clearly mentioned steps of FSMO role changing. Take a look.
- Log on to the Windows server 2003 as Administrator (adp.com\Administrator) and get run window and type cmd.
- Type regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll in cmd and press ENTER.
- The succeeded window will be appeared. Continue reading
Posted in Server
- Tagged Active Directory, Domain Naming Master, Flexible Single Master Operations, FSMO, Infrastructure Master, PDC Emulator, RID, Schema Master, Server 2003, windows, Windows Server 2008
The purpose of this technical document provide specialized information about how to Redirect http to https using the WAMP server.
All the steps are described with images and the commands. This is working 100% per-fectly.
All the configuration are done by manually and steps are mentioned clearly, In here I am going to install a fresh copy of the WAMP server. And configure it to redirect the http://localhost in to https://localhost. Then you can use your own web sites using se-cure http.
In this tutorial I am using X.509 Certificate to grant secure connection to the server. X.509 is widely used for defining digital certificates. It issues a certificate with binding public key to a particular distinguished name.
The video tutorial also available @ YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOBWNYy-kE&feature=youtu.be
Hi, Today I’m going to show you how to make the http://localhost to a secure connection. this is the task that I was given my Director – Systems and Operations. then I started searching on the internet as usually.
Normally I installed the Wampserver2.4-x86 on my Windows Server 2012 VMware machine. It was not in-stalled successfully because it said that MSVCR100.dll file is missing from your computer. So I downloaded the .dll file (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr100) and dropped to the correct destination (C:\Windows\SysWOW64) then tried to load the http://localhost, it was loaded but loaded the IIS server which has been already installed on the Windows Server 2012. Continue reading
Posted in Server
- Tagged Apache, http, https, IIS, localhost, MSVCR100.dll, Secure Socket Layer, server, server.key, SSL, VMware, WAMP, windows, x.509
Hello, Guyz today I’m going to show you some basic things of SMTP server, before that let’s look at what are the basic things on the SNMP protocol. SMTP in the sense Simple Mail Transfer Protocol which is an internet standard for electronic mail transfer protocol over the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Continue reading
Hello, Guyz, today I’m going to create an automated script for enable system protection on “C” drive (C:\) which is the task I have been assigned. Actually running a script via the domain is something critical because all the user machines are affected to the changes whatever the scripts do. So first of all let’s see what are the steps to achieve this goal.
As a condition, I have to configure the scripts for checking system protection is enabled at each logon. So now let’s make a plan.
- What type of script that is possible on this task.
- How to write the script according to the selected type.
- How to run the script on the domain user machines.
These are the basic steps to achieve the goal. let’s get one by one to realize for the task.
What type of script that is possible on this task.
I searched most of the site for enabling system protection via .bat file, .vbs file, .ps1 file. As I realized powershell script was the best way to create a script to handle this because powershell has a inbuilt commands to enable system protection.
How to write the script according to the selected type
When I try to write the script I got a problem, how to check whether the system protection is already enable or not. So I found a solution to overcome this problem which is actually bat script. In that bat script it is looking for that the particular registry value is “0” or “1”(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Microsoft-> Windows NT-> CurrentVersion-> SystemRestore ).