This blog post describes the way how to deploy and configure Google TURN server with all required steps. Mainly this installation and configuration has been tested on AWS(Amazon Web Services) cloud computer and confirmed. Because there are some connectivity issues while connecting to the TURN server remotely.
- Login to the AWS console and go to the EC2 menu and then launch new instance. In here there is called “Community AMIs”, go to that option and select the AMI called “rfc5766-turn-server”.
- There are several AMIs are listed under “rfc5766-turn-server”, take the latest version of the TURN server AMI and launch it with the relevant CPU, Memory, HDD, Network ,etc.
Read More »
NXserver is a specific method for remote desktop for any OS platform. If we want to access a remote server using remote desktop, NXserver is the solution, so user can access the machine via a GUI interface by using the AXserver. Here are the steps to be followed to deploy and configure NXserver on a CentOS server.
In this CentOS server, group install is the best way to install large packages, so the configuration of group install also in the steps.
In this example A centOS server version 6.5 was provisioned, and now it’s up & running. Logging to the server using root privileges.
- Open yum.conf file in vim editor.
# vim /etc/yum.conf
- Edit the [main] section on the yum.conf file as follow. Then save the file and exit.
- Install whatever the desktop packages on the server. When installing, entire package content is listed.
# yum -y groupinstall “Desktop” “Desktop Platform” “X Window System” “Fonts”
- There are some additional packages also should be installed on the server.
Read More »
This document describes how to automate server instance start/stop on AWS using a script. This automation make servers up only when they need for specific hours, as per user wants.
Please follow the steps to automate.
- Create an IAM role called ec2-operator using the IAM console view. (http://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/creating-
Read More »
Hello, here I’m, going to show you how to install Nginx server and configure it for hosting web sites. First of all let’s see what is Nginx server. Actually it is an open-source web server with high performance, stability, low resource utilized with simple configurations.
Following steps show you how to install and configure Nginx server to hosting websites.
Installing Nginx on Ubuntu server
Read More »
Hello all, Today I’m going to install and configure the “Monit” service monitoring system on Ubuntu server instance.
“Monit “is an free an open source software which is a management system for monitoring and take decisions on some of critical points. Specially monit can be used to monitor customized services which are developed by developers. As an example let’s assume if a developer make a service as “service-1” that can be monitored and controlled like start, stop, restart the service by the Monit. And also every actions are notified by the e-mails and administrator can customized the alert conditions and alert notification settings.
This tutorial will help you install and configure the Monit service monitoring system on Ubuntu server. The steps are given below.first get updates on Ubuntu server, then install the “monit” on the server.
1. In first step, Monit has to be installed via Ubuntu terminal.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install monit
2. After installation “monit” configuration should be done using the /etc/monit/monitrc file.
$ sudo nano /etc/monit/monitrc
# set httpd port 2812 and
# use address localhost # only accept connection from localhost
# allow localhost # allow localhost to connect to the server and
# allow admin:monit # require user 'admin' with password 'monit'
# allow @monit # allow users of group 'monit' to connect (rw)
# allow @users readonly # allow users of group 'users' to connect readonly
In the above section monit administrator have to enable the port (2812) and the whatever the IP address for accessing the Monit system.
3. Then restart the service monit service.Read More »